I thought I'd share my mouth watering appetizer with you all! It's oven roasted garlic with homemade garlic bread. Its absolutely delish!
- 1 head of elephant garlic
- Olive Oil
- Rock Salt
- Crushed Ground Pepper
- French Bread
- Garlic Salt
- Mixed Spices
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Foil Paper
Preparation for Oven Roasted Garlic:
1. Preheat oven at 425'.
2. Peel garlic cloves (but keep it connected to the steam)
3. Cut off about a centimeter of the top of each garlic clove. And cut an 'X' into the top of each clove
4. Make a bowl type shape with foil paper around the head of the garlic.
5. Drizzle the head of garlic with olive oil. Sprinkle Salt and crushed pepper on top.
6. Seal the head of garlic within the foil paper and punch holes into the top with a fork. (It needs to be able to let some steam out)
7. Bake for 45 minutes
8. Take it out and smash it up with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pinch of garlic powder (It brings out the taste more)
Preparation for Garlic Bread:
1. Slice a fresh loaf of french bread into 4 inch squares
2. Place them onto a cookie sheet
3. Spread olive oil, garlic powder then mixed spices and then garlic salt above
4. Bake for 5 minutes at 425' (You just want it warm and a bit toasty)
5. Place the oven roasted garlic on top of the garlic bread and enjoy!
Happy Eating Dolls!